Explore the secrets of Olive Oil visit a Winery and find out all about Cretan Knives
Find out all about Cretans Culture and their long life secrets in a Day Trip Safari, with the help of
our Land Rovers driving by expert English-German speaking guides.
*See how Cretans harvesting olives and produce the virgin oil by visiting an olive mill exhibit.
*Enjoy a full guided tour for wine tasting and see the whole wine making procedure.
*Find out all about Cretan knives visiting an 16th century old Cretan House and its exhibition.
*Taste unique homemade food in a small village’s tavern served by the locals.
The Safari tour
Starting our Day trip Safari to Cretan culture we visit an Olive Mill Complex and continuously a winery for guided tours in Cretans long life secrets…! We visit an ancient olive tree 3000 years old and the olives history exhibition.
Working up an appetite we arrive at a small village’s tavern, where we introduce you the Cretan cuisine with plenty of food, wine and Cretan hospitality. On the way up to Measvlia we cross the gorge of Deliana in-between dense vegetation and a wonderful creek. Before we reach the cavernous chapel of Agia Paraskevi for a short stop, goats and sheep’s on our way could give us the opportunity to have some pictures with. On the way back we will have our last stop to visit an Old Cretan house from 16th century and enjoy its Knife exhibition….
• Duration: 8 hrs (approx.)
• Return: 17:00 (approx.)
• Covered distance: 100km
• Altitudinal differ.: 500m
The Safari Tour Includes:
• Hotel pick up and Drop off.
• Transportation with Land Rover Defenders.
• English-German speaking group leaders – drivers.
• Entrance fees to the winery for the guided tour.
• Entrance fees to the olive complex for the guided tour.
• Lunch with traditional Cretan food and wine.
• A Visit to an 16th century old Cretan House and its exhibition.
• A Visit to an ancient olive tree and its exhibition.
• Local taxes
The olive mill exhibits tour includes:
• A live demonstration method of harvesting olives.
• A tour in old and new olive mill exhibits.
• A view of an informative video regarding our region.
• A olive oil tasting of different olive oils.
• Time for Q & A ability to all the purchase products.
The wine tasting guided tour includes:
• A full guided tour and a visit to St. Tryfonas chapel.
• A presentation of the wine making process.
• A full tasting of Wines paired with Cretan snacks.
• Personal insurance
• Gratuities (optional)
• Ideal for everyone, youth groups, single or couple participants.
• The trip has stopovers every 30 to 40 minutes for guiding.
• The trip is not recommended for children under 8 years old.
• The wine tasting is not available for children under 18yrs old.
• Don’t forget your trekking shoes or sandals and your camera.
Prices for children (8-13): 47.00€
All prices are per person and includes VAT