Explore the secrets of an Original “Mitato”, visit a Winery and meet Cretan Wild Life
Combine a unique wine tasting, in one of the most famous vineyards of Crete, with the history and the traditions of the Island and find out all about the lifestyle of a Cretan shepherd exploring an original “Mitato”. Enjoy the unique view of Chania from above and meet the wild life of Crete with the help of our Land Rovers driving by expert English-German speaking guides.
Cretan Vineyards and Wine tasting
Arriving at the Vineyard, you will learn everything there is to know about the production of Cretan wines before proceeding the winery and the underground cellars. The well trained staff will show us around the vineyards and winery.
You will enjoy walks around while you soak up the local flavor and culture of wines.
The wine tasting includes:
A tour to the winery as well as the winery grounds
A presentation and explanation of the wine making process
A full tasting of Wines paired with local Cretan snacks.
Free admission to art exhibition held in old family home
Explore an original Sheppard’s “Mitato” and meet Cretan wild fauna
Climbing up the White Mountains crossing Meskla village under plane trees beside the river Keritis our amazing off road adventure starts. On the way up to the shepherd’s “Mitato” you will enjoy the magnificent panoramic view of north Crete and if we are lucky… eagles and wild goats will stop us for some pictures.
Arriving at Therisso and working up an appetite we visit a small traditional tavern where we will be welcomed by the owner, to introduce us to a Cretan cuisine with a plenty of food, wine and Cretan hospitality.
A small rocky road will lead us up to our trip’s highest point 1150 meters altitude, where you will find out all about the lifestyle of a shepherd and explore his original "Mitato". Enough free time for photos and exploring the area. Following our way back we will pass through the amazing gorge of Therisso that will lead us to the city of Chania.
• Duration: 8 hrs (approx.)
• Return: 17:00 (approx.)
• Covered distance: 100km
• Altitudinal differ.: 1150m
• Hotel pick up and Drop off
• Transportation with Land Rover Defenders
• English-German speaking group leaders-drivers
• Entrance fees for wine tasting with local snacks
• Lunch with traditional Cretan food and wine!
• A Visit to an original Sheppard’s “Mitato”
• Local Taxes
• Personal insurance
• Gratuities (optional)
• Ideal for everyone, youth groups, single or couple participants.
• The trip has stopovers every
30 to 40 minutes for guiding.
• The trip is not recommended for children under 8 years old.
• The wine tasting is not available for children under 18yrs old.
• Don’t forget your trekking shoes or sandals and your camera
Prices for children (8-13): 47.00€
All prices are per person and includes VAT